- Take-n-Play version (uni-polar magnets, 18 wheels, made in China) (2010-2012)
- Take-n-Play version (updated body, made in Thailand) (2012-2014)
- Take-n-Play version (bi-polar magnets, ten wheels) (2015-2016)
- Adventures/Collectible Railway version (hook and loop couplings, ten wheels) (2014-present - Europe/Asia) (2017-present - US/UK)
- Patchwork Hiro (Take-n-Play, Collectible Railway)
- The prototype image of Take-n-Play Hiro show his tender positioned backwards.
- The prototype Collectible Railway Hiro features red driving wheels and a symmetrical tender.