- Take-n-play model (2011) (Red footplate)
- Take-n-play model (2013) (Black footplate, moulded siderods)
- The packaging contains a special Day of the Diesels design.
- Sidney was paired up with Norman and Paxton to be Toys 'R' Us exclusives, even though it doesn't say so on it's box.
- Sidney's models are missing the hazard stripes underneath his face.
- Sidney's 2013 model is one of the few engines to have siderods moulded in, other characters include Timothy, Iron 'Arry, Iron Bert and the 2013 models of Diesel and Paxton